Fix Sudden FPS Drop in Games, Fix Game Stuttering with FPS drops in Windows 10. Fix Game Stuttering with FPS drops in Windows 10. fps drop windows 10, nvidia fps drop, fps drop in all games
What is FPS?
FPS (Frame Per Second) means the number of images per second in Turkish. More specifically, this is the number of frames per second. It is a topic that players are usually interested in. The stronger your computer hardware, the more FPS you get. This means a smoother and better gaming experience.
Sudden FPS Drop in Games
However, sometimes even though your Hardware is strong enough, you may experience a sudden FPS Fall, ie sudden hanging, freezing and contractions in the Games. In general, this problem is not hardware-related. This problem may be caused by the power settings of Windows 10. We will share the solution. By applying this solution, maybe you can solve your sudden FPS drop problem.
Get graphic card driver up to date
If the Internet is on after Windows 10 installation, Windows will connect to its servers and automatically download and install the display drivers in the background. However, both Nvidia and AMD drivers are generally out of date or not fully compatible. In this case, you should go to the manufacturer’s own website and install the peer drivers manually.
- First learn about the make and model of your video card. You can find out more about your graphics card with the GPU-Z program (Name section).
- Then go to the Nvidia veya AMD Driver site, select your video card model and download the driver package for windows 10. If you have finished downloading the graphics card software, disconnect from the Internet.
- Now open your computer’s device manager. (Right-click the Start icon with the mouse, select Device manager in the resulting list.)
- You will see a list of hardware. Open the Display Adapters section. Here we will list the video cards. Here, for example, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M author right-click on it and click Remove device. Delete the driver software for this device. checkbox and click the Remove button.
- Finally, install the video card driver package that you downloaded and restart the computer.
Fix Sudden FPS Drop in Games
We will explain this solution through Windows 10. Assuming you’re using Windows 10, we’re moving on to a solution.
- Press Win+R on your keyboard together.
- The Run window will open.
- Copy and paste the following path into the Open box and press the OK Button.
- In the window that opens, select Power Options or open it in Control Panel \ Hardware and Sound \ Power Options.
- You will come across Power plans. For example, click Change plan settings opetion on Balanced or High performance, whichever is enabled for you.
- In the window that opens, click the Change advanced power settings link.
- Open the new Power options window by clicking the plus icon in front of the Processor power management option.
- In the drop-down list, select Minimum processor state and change the settings to 99%.
- Open System cooling policy below and make the setting Active.
- Turn on the Maximum processor state option below and set the settings here to 99%.
- Finally, click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Feel free to write your feedback on this method. You can share other methods if you know. Good games.
Disable the Windows Game DVR
We will turn off the Windows Game DVR feature using the Windows registry. This feature saves the screen in the background and can cause freezes in games.
- Copy and paste the following code into a Notepad.
123456789Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore]"GameDVR_Enabled"=dword:00000000[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\ApplicationManagement\AllowGameDVR]"value"=dword:00000000
- Save it as “Disable Windows Game DVR.reg”.
- Make sure that the end is .reg
- Finally, double-click to open this file.
- Say “Yes” and “OK” to the warnings that appear.
- Congratulations on the pause.
Finally, you can improve your performance by turning off some unnecessary features of Windows 10. To do this: We recommend that you follow Speed Up Windows 10 [Increase Performance By %30]