How To Add New User Account to Windows 11? How to Create a New User on Windows 11? Adding a New User Local Account in Windows 11, How to create a second user on the computer?
How To Add New User Account to Windows 11?
As you know, in order to use Windows by more than one person, everyone can create an account for themselves and work on separate desktops and files. Sometimes the most logical way to entrust the computer to someone without much tampering is to create a new user or guest account. How to Add a New User Account to Windows 11 in this article? We explained it in two different ways.
Method 1: Create a new local user account
- Click the Start menu and Settings icon.
- On the screen that opens, click on the “Accounts” tab and then on the “Family & other users” option on the right.
Family account: You can control it by adding a family member in this account type. Add your family so everyone has their own sign-in account and desktop. You can help children stay safe with appropriate websites, time limits, apps and games.
Other user account: Allow people who are not part of your family to sign in with their own account in this account type. This does not add them to your family.
- We will use the most used Other users option. Click on the “Add account” button for this
- Click on the “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information” link as we will add a local account on the next screen. On the next screen, click the “Add a user without a Microsoft account” link.
- Finally, “Who’s going to use this PC?” Enter the name of the new user you will create in the section (We do not recommend using Turkish characters here.) If you want to password protect this account you will create, you can enter a password. If your transactions are finished, click the “Next” button to complete the transactions. Now your new user can log in.
Make the user an administrator account
- An existing user has standard features. You can grant this account administrative privileges. Administrator accounts have the ability to delete other accounts. For this, from the same place, click the arrow button to the right of the account you are going to change the authority of.
- Click the “Change account type” button in the drop-down list. In the window that opens, select the Account type = Administrator and click the “OK” button.
Method 2: Add new users with computer management
- Press Win+R keys together on your keyboard. The Run window will open. Type “compmgmt.msc” in the Open section and press the OK Button.
- We will see the Computer Management panel. Here, click on “Local Users and Groups” then “Users” in the left panel.
- You will see a list of user names on the computer. Now Right click on a blank place on this screen with your mouse and click on “New User …”
- In the new window that opens, you will enter the information of the new user. Here, enter the name of the account you will create in the “User Name:” section (I do not recommend you to enter Turkish characters). Then set it if you want a Password. Finally, we complete the process by removing the “User must change password at next session” option and selecting the “Password always valid” option, and clicking “Create” and “Close” respectively.
Deleting a user account
To delete an existing user account, you can delete the account you want to delete with the right mouse button and click “Delete” option.