How to Reset Windows 11, Restoring Windows 11 to Factory Settings. Asus, Lenovo, Dell, HP Reset Windows 11 Without Deleting Files. Keep Files and Reset Windows 11
How to Reset Windows 11?
As you know, in order to reset the operating system and install new and clean software on computers, it is necessary to install after formatting with CD or USB. However, the reset method without installing anything on the phone, which we are familiar with on Android and iOS devices, is also possible in Windows 11. Now you can reset your Windows 11 computer to its original factory state without using any installation media.
You can do two types of resets in Windows 11. It only refreshes the system files without deleting the applications and files you installed in the 1st option. In the 2nd option, the whole computer (C and D disks) is reset. These methods will still not be as clean as formatting and installing a new software.
Make sure to back up all your files and folders before resetting on Windows 10! Because when resetting in Windows 11, Local Disk C and Local Disk D are also reset. so you need to transfer your information to an external drive. If you do not have an external disk to back up your information, you can opt out of this method and try the non-deleting method or discard the normal format.
Do not turn off the computer until the reset is complete. Be careful of a power failure. A possible interruption may damage the system.
Restore Windows 11 to Factory Settings
- Click the Start menu, and then click the Settings icon.
- In the window that opens, click “System” in the left menu and then “Recovery”.
- In the new window that opens, click the “Reset PC” button under the “Recovery options” heading.
- Select the reset type in the new window that opens. Click “Keep my files” if you don’t want your files to be deleted, or “Remove everything” if you want everything to be deleted.
- You will see two options: Downloading Windows files remotely and Using existing files. Choose “Local reinstall” for both convenience and less time. If the system is infected with a virus or you get an error from this method, you can try the “Cloud download” option.
- After choosing which files Windows will use, click the “Next” button on the screen that comes up.
- Then, a final reminder is made before the reset and if everything is ready, we start the process by clicking the “Reset” button.
- First step to reset
- The second step of the reset: installing new system files.
Finally the computer boots up and you can start using the clean Windows 11.