Tencent Gaming Buddy Failed to start the emulator. The emulator was not properly closed. Please restart the emulator or the computer and try again later. Tencent Gaming Buddy Failed to start the emulator. Failed to start the engine, Error Code: 5
- 1 Tencent Gaming Buddy Emolator
- 1.1 Fix: Tencent Gaming Buddy Failed to start the emulator
Tencent Gaming Buddy Emolator
PUBG has released its own Emulator, called Tencent Gaming Buddy Emulator, for its Mobile version. This emulator is completely different from others. Because the emulator is designed to run certain games. Therefore, you cannot install the Play Store. I recently received this error while trying to start PUBG Mobile. This error occurs when you try to start PUBG Mobile directly from the shortcut. However, after trying some solutions, I was able to solve this problem. So if you’re experiencing a similar error, this article is for you.
Fix: Tencent Gaming Buddy Failed to start the emulator
When we play Pubg Mobile via Tencent Gaming Buddy, we sometimes get an Emulator failed to start error. There are different ways to resolve this error. You can try to get a solution by following these solution steps.
Update Tencent Gaming Buddy Emulator
One of the reasons for this problem may be that you use an outdated emulator. To do this, check whether the Emulator has an update, if any, install the current version. If your Emulator is up to date, you can skip this step.
Use Task Manager and restart the computer.
Another solution is to close all applications running in the background about Tencent Gaming Buddy Emulator or Pubg.
- Press “Alt gr + Ctrl + Delete” on your keyboard together.
- Click Task Manager from the options that open.
- In the drop-down list, right-click all applications related to Tencent Gaming Buddy Emulator and Pubg and close by press “End task”.
Or Restart the computer (not turn off and then turn it on) and try again. In Windows 10, the computer restarts when you give the command to restart your computer.
Delete the TxGameDownload Folder and Restart Computer
Thanks to this solution, I corrected the error within a minute. And, after trying this solution, I never saw the error again. As with other Windows programs, this emulator saves some temporary data. And if the error comes up again and again, there are some temporary files that cause this problem.
- First, completely close the emulator using Task Manager.
- After that, go to the C:\Temp Folder. And delete the “TxGameDownload” folder.
- Don’t worry, this folder will be created automatically. Also, deleting the folder will not damage any Game files.
Note: Because Windows is on drive C on my computer, the Temp folder is also stored on Local Disk C. If you installed your operating system in a different location, look at that disk.
Shut down AOW Engine
Windows Task Manager cannot terminate all background processes. And there is a process called aow_exe that does not appear in Task Manager. And you can solve the problem immediately by terminating this process. You do not even have to restart the computer.
- First, download Process Hacker. It is a free, powerful and multi-purpose tool for monitoring system resources. It is also a well-known alternative to the task manager and helps detect malware.
- Now open the Process Hacker Program and look for the word “aow”. The aow_exe.exe process will appear. Right-click on it and then choose to end the option.
Emulator Failed to Initialize Another Solution
- Close the error screen saying “OK”.
- Click the Multi window icon in the options on the right.
- The game will open in a new window. Close the old window (giving error).
- Then open PUBG Mobile and say OK to the DirectX + warning.
- He will then ask you to log back in to your account, and you will be logged in.
If all the above solutions did not work. Finally, you have to completely remove and reinstall the emulator. first, use the Control Panel to uninstall the Emulator. Finally download and install the latest version of the emulator. Alternatively, you can try another “PUBG Mobile emulator”.