How to Remove Virus on Android Phone? How to clean a virus from your phone? How to Scan for Virus on Phone? How do i Clean Virus an Android Devices
- 1 How to Remove Virus on Android Phone?
- 1.1 Review device admin apps
- 1.2 Find the apps that consume the most battery
- 1.3 Reset your web browsers
- 1.4 Turn off web browser notifications
- 1.5 Remove virus with antivirüs on android phone
- 1.6 Reset and format the phone
- 1.7 Secure your Android phone
How to Remove Virus on Android Phone?
If you think your phone is infected with a virus and we will explain in detail what we can do to remove these viruses from the phone. Antivirus alone may not be enough to clean viruses on the phone. Some checks have to be done manually. Since viruses infecting the phone are different from viruses infecting Windows, you can continue to use the system normally after removing them. They cannot easily damage system files like in Windows (unless the phone is rooted).
Review device admin apps
In Android systems, there is a field with special permissions called Device Management. Applications with this permission have many important privileges on the phone. First of all, you should look here and see which applications you have made as an administrator. If the applications you do not know about have been given administrative authority, you will revoke those permissions by turning it off.
- Type “admin” in Settings > Search bar.
- Go to Device admin apps or Device administrators in the results.
- Here you can find the list of device admin apps.
For example: as in the picture above, this permission is given to the “Find My Device” site feature. Because find my device can lock or reset phone while away. Allows some remote access if your device is lost. Apart from this, this authorization is not given in other applications. If that’s the case with you too, then there’s no problem.
Find the apps that consume the most battery
If you have a malicious application on your mobile and you are not aware of it, chances are it has consumed too much battery in the background. In order to detect this, you should look at the list of applications that consume the most battery in the Battery usage section. Thus, if an application that you do not know in this list has consumed power, you can uninstall that application. To do this: You can access battery usage data from Settings > Battery & performance.
Reset your web browsers
You can reset your Android Virus Removal and internet browsers to clean them from malicious data. So you can use your browsers like the first day. To reset your web browsers:
- Open your phone’s “Settings” app.
- Then go to “Apps” and “Manage apps”.
- Search for the internet browser you are using in the search section in the application list that opens. For example: Chrome
- Then click on the browser.
- Here are the browser application settings. In this section, tap on the “Clear data” option.
- Then tap on the “Manage space” option in the window that opens.
- Finally, clear all browser data by clicking the “CLEAR ALL DATA” button at the bottom.
We recommend that you perform these cleaning operations for all browsers installed on your phone.
Turn off web browser notifications
If websites are constantly sending you web notifications and you are uncomfortable with it, you can turn off all notifications as we explained below.
- Open the Chromeapp. Click on the “three-dot menu”icon in the upper right corner and then click on “Settings”.
- In the list that appears, click on “Site settings” and then on “Notifications”.
- Disable the Notifications option. (it should write blocked) That’s all. Now you can have a notification-free Chrome experience.
Remove virus with antivirüs on android phone
After performing the above operations, it is useful to finally scan your phone with the help of an antivirus. You can use Avira Security Antivirus for this. After installing the antivirus application from the store, perform a scan.
After running a scan with Avira Antivirus, you can remove and fix Security problems that appear harmful.
Reset and format the phone
If your phone still has problems and you are not sure if the viruses have been removed, you can try to factory reset your phone as a last resort. Do not forget to backup all data before doing these operations. Because all data will be deleted. We have some guides on how to reset your phone, you can use these guides. Don’t forget! These resets only work on original phones. If you reset the tampered devices, you will experience network problems.
- How to Hard Reset Xiaomi Phones? Factory Settings
- Format Samsung Phone, Guide to Hard Reset Samsung
- How to Factory Reset Huawei Phone?
- Format LG Phone, Hard Reset LG Phones
Secure your Android phone
Android has some built-in security measures. These security measures provide a lot of protection. Some applications may have asked you to turn off these settings, and you may have approved these requests. Turning off these security measures makes your device unprotected. Let’s check out these security measures now.
Prevent the installation of app outside of the Play Store
As you know, we can install applications in the form of Apk from outside the Play Store application store. In this case, we may have installed apk files that we do not know whether they are safe or not. If you are not installing applications from outside the Play Store, we recommend that you review this setting. For this:
- Open the “Settings” app of your Android phone.
- Then go to the “Privacy protection” section.
- Here, open the “Special permissions” section.
- Then go to “Install unknown apps” feature.
- Here you can see if apps are allowed to install Unknown Apps. If there are allowed apps, you can turn them off.
Enable Google Play Protect
One of Android’s built-in security features is Google Play Protect. Play Protect scans its own applications and can warn you if there are applications that are installed outside the market or that are found to be harmful, and can remove them for you. To check:
- Open Google Play Store.
- Then click on your account picture in the top right corner.
- Tap “Play Protect” in the drop-down list.
- Then you will see the message “Turn on Play Protect scaning” if it is turned off. Open it by clicking the “turn on” button.
- Or Tap the “Settings” icon in the upper right corner and enable “Scan Apps with Play Protect” and “Improve harmful app detection” in the drop-down list.
Thus, you will protect your phone from harmful applications.